Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh the joys of a day off!

I have class at 6am on Fridays which makes me quite tired by the time Friday evening roles around. After class on Friday, I went to yoga and a physical therapy appt. The PT proceeded to tell me that I should stop running for a few weeks (which seems virtually impossible) or my hip pain is just going to get worse. Ugh. I hate bad news.

To start my weekend off (and to make my PT mad), I went to my Saturday running group in Columbia City (my dream neighborhood). Afterwards I came home and cleaned the house before heading out to brunch with Elissa and Patti Ball (plus a friend!) to my favorite restaurant, Cafe Flora. Delicious!!

I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening doing homework at Fuel Coffee with my dear friend and classmate, Katherine.

Since I finished a load of homework, I figured I deserved a treat! Soooo, I went cross country skiing this morning and dropped Dashel off to Snowboard. I only went for about 2 hrs but boy was it nice to spend 2 hrs alone in the quiet of the mountains. We came home and I attempted a wierd pot pie type recipe topped with biscuits instead of crust. So far it's not looking so great!

Next up is chili from the most recent Cooking Light and more homework. I love having days off!!!

2 comments:

  1. i'm offended. you forgot to mention that your beautiful, fantastic friend, christa, came by your house too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! doesn't sound like you had a "day off" or listened to your PT, you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete