Sunday, August 16, 2009

Apricot time!



Today I did a little cooking! And blackberry picking! Yum!
I also made a snack to eat while I was cooking. Edamame! Yum! Unfortunately, one of the edamame popped out of the shell and right into the apricot jam I was making!
See Below
Apricots cooking down!
Some people put the pits in the jam to give it an almond-y flavor
About a month ago I made another batch of apricot jam (about 4 lbs worth of fruit) that was absolutely perfect. After I had completed the jam, I decided that it was not quite as thick as I wanted so I turned the heat back on...and I forgot about it...and it burnt. I cried. So sad.

BUT,
I yesterday I turned the smoky apricot jam into "spicy apricot bbq sauce". I added a variety of ingredients and it tastes pretty dang good! I added tomato paste, rice vinegar, mustard, grated onion, hot sauce (combination of brands!) and of course, the burnt jam. Now I just need to do some marinating.

2 comments:

  1. cassie, this is proof that you are a goof, picture of edamame in jam=goof! ;) but that doesn't mean I don't want to try some, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a jar of jam for you guys just waiting for toast!

    ReplyDelete