Friday, August 7, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

Today I woke up early for my last quiz before finals week. I made it to the pool just in time for a quick swim before work. My new favorite place to buy coffee before work is at a place called Watertown. It's right in between the gym and work so I can stop on the way. I try to bring my coffee with me but I just can't seem to make it work on the days I swim.


A few nights ago Dashel and I made another fancy dessert with the ice cream maker as evidenced below. We cut up a bunch of mint from the garden and made mint ice cream and dark chocolate cookies (both from Martha Stewart's website) and made ice cream sandwiches.







We also had a yummy dinner of fish tacos. I breaded sturgeon my dad caught a while ago in Ilwaco, WA along with a peach cucumber salsa. I picked my first harvest of tomatoes and mixed them with cucumbers from the garden and peaches and jalapenos from my parents with a fresh squeeze of lime.



The fish looks kinda yucky but was actually really great! Tomorrow I have a quick run in the morning, a date with my dear cousin Kelley and off to the beach with my parent for a fun filled weekend!

1 comment: