Sunday, August 2, 2009

What a day!

Today I woke up bright and early and went to Discovery Park to do some trail running. For those of you who aren't familiar with Discovery Park, it's this great big park right smack-dab in the center of Seattle with beaches and trails made for running and picnic-like food. It's also conveniently located right next to Vertical World, a climbing gym. Everytime I go to Discovery Park to run I give myself a treat of going climbing. Today it was expecially great because I was there right when they opened leaving lots of space for beginner-me. Afterwards, I went to PCC and bought some groceries and headed towards Wallingford to study for a few hours.

After all of my business was taken care of, I decided to stop by and water our friends plants who are on their honeymoon and also borrow their ice cream machine. Below is the proof that the machine rules. We made "Arnold Palmer" sorbet (black tea/lemonade) and coconut/cajeta (condensed milk) ice cream. We visited our friends Jeremy and Tessa, ate dinner and now I am off to bed. What a day!
Arnold Palmer Sorbet


Inside of ice cream maker

Evidence of our messy kitchen

3 comments:

  1. I just got that very same ice cream maker! You should get one too! I'm going to try your Arnold Palmer sorbet very soon.
    love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REALLY MADE ARNOLD PALMER SORBET. you remain, indisputably, the coolest lady on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the link!

    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1809106

    ReplyDelete